The Misfortune of Being Ned is a 2014 animated short series which centers on the titular character of Ned, a young boy who repeatedly finds himself in unfortunate situations that usually get him killed.
Story of my life.
- Ned takes a ride on a free balloon, only to find himself attacked as an airborne threat.
- Ned visits a medical research facility, and upon being bitten by a radioactive arachnid, turns into a spider.
- Ned goes out trick-or-treating, and in a last-minute attempt after forgetting to pick a costume, pretends to be the Headless Horseman before confronting the being himself.
- In a parody of the introduction to Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Ned receives a letter in the mail notifying him that he has been admitted into Hogwarts… or so he thinks.
- Ned arrives on Mars after a long flight in space, only to be confronted by his rival, Greg.
- Ned catches an elevator which leads him straight to the arena from The Hunger Games.
- Ned spells a word right in the school spelling bee and his prize is…a spelling bee, literally a real bee.
- Ned goes to a fun fair, He has a lot of fun and has his face painted as a clown, but Batman mistakes Ned for the Joker.
- Ned (who is dressed up as an elf) is working for Santa, but he, however he ends becoming a jack in the box when he has a look inside the toy machine.
Episode descriptions from